GTAs spotted for sale

The owner of the yellow GTA is regularly on here and is very knowledgeable on Alpines, and looks to have been doing some work on the car, brakes etc. I don't believe it has been complied, but this is not a massive problem, and although compliance should be the same Australia wide, my expectation is it isn't. I complied three GTAs (2 Turbo, 1 N/A) between 2004 and 2006 in Queensland. The 2 Turbos are still in Queensland, the N/A car went to live in Adelaide after I sold it.

Although the bodies are fibreglass, metal chassis parts can get a bit corroded via the salted roads of the UK where the RHD cars have mostly been sourced. Some of the parts are from other Renaults, mostly R25, Alpine only parts will start with 60 in the part No. whereas many of the more common Renault parts used in the Alpine will start with 77.

Quite rare in RHD. I can't remember the exact Nos., and can't be bothered looking it up, but about 343 RHD Turbos, maybe 180 N/A. Overall maybe 3000 in total including LHD. Many of course have been wrecked over the last 35 years, survival rate 40%, perhaps less? Some years ago there were 14 Turbos and 4 N/A cars in Australia, all privately imported.

The owner of the yellow GTA is regularly on here and is very knowledgeable on Alpines, and looks to have been doing some work on the car, brakes etc. I don't believe it has been complied, but this is not a massive problem, and although compliance should be the same Australia wide, my expectation is it isn't. I complied three GTAs (2 Turbo, 1 N/A) between 2004 and 2006 in Queensland. The 2 Turbos are still in Queensland, the N/A car went to live in Adelaide after I sold it.

Although the bodies are fibreglass, metal chassis parts can get a bit corroded via the salted roads of the UK where the RHD cars have mostly been sourced. Some of the parts are from other Renaults, mostly R25, Alpine only parts will start with 60 in the part No. whereas many of the more common Renault parts used in the Alpine will start with 77.

Quite rare in RHD. I can't remember the exact Nos., and can't be bothered looking it up, but about 343 RHD Turbos, maybe 180 N/A. Overall maybe 3000 in total including LHD. Many of course have been wrecked over the last 35 years, survival rate 40%, perhaps less? Some years ago there were 14 Turbos and 4 N/A cars in Australia, all privately imported.
Thanks Aln! I get the impression looking it up would have only served to confirm your 'off the cuff' detail ;)
(y)

www.carandclassic.com

1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo

1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo This is an unrestored, original and incredible GTA V6 Turbo, with low miles, low owners and extensive history file.

This does look like an exceptional example and although the asking price is 25000 Pounds, it would be very likely you couldn't buy a poorer car for say 13000 and make it as good for the additional 12000 of the buy price. GTAs though are the least desired of the Alpine range, and the prices that these exchange hands reflects this.